The SalientMG Advisory Board and Benefits of Third-Party Perspective
Building SalientMG’s Advisory Board was a lengthy process and, in many ways, one of the hardest things I’ve had to do since starting the company two and a half years ago. We are evolving from a marketing consultancy to a product-driven strategic marketing firm. The company has also grown significantly and I can foresee the natural pressure points forming.
I started working on building the board more than four months ago. It took that long to reflect on where SalientMG was heading, and who I would need to tap into to help us get over the inevitable hurdles we’d face along the way. I started with a fairly large list and narrowed it down based on two waves of questions; the first involved specific business objectives and the second focused on the individuals I was considering for the board.
Today, I’m very proud to announce that we have officially launched the advisory board, which includes nine senior leaders, five women and four men, that all have their own specialties and areas of expertise.
The premise behind the advisory board is fairly simple: you can never have too many smart people in a room and I have never been one to shy away from open dialogue. I want our board to keep us honest, listen to our ideas, bring ideas of their own and be a sounding board that will allow us to execute on our goal of bringing impactful solutions to market.
The collective expertise of SalientMG’s Advisory Board covers luxury, music and entertainment, government, technology, startups, non-profits, digital, publishing, etc.
Introducing SalientMG’s Board of Advisors:
Betsy Flounders Novak, VP, Sales, Crave Online Media
– Betsy is an expert in cross-screen sales and media, and has held senior sales roles at digital publishers like Crave and Rovio, ad tech companies like Millennial Media and Rhythm New Media, and media companies such as MTV, ESPN and People.com.
Brendan Lewis, Global Head of Communications, Shazam
– Brendan is a PR guru, and one of the most respected and well known communications professionals in the tech space. Before Shazam, he led Comms for both Foursquare and Living Social; and he held senior PR roles for Juniper Networks and VeriSign.
Brette Gillman, President, Graeper Marketing
– Brette founded and leads a marketing firm, and brings a wealth of functional and management expertise with over 30 years experience in B2B strategic marketing and communications. She was the SVP of Marketing, First Data Corporation, and prior to that she held senior marketing roles at CGI/AMS in the US and Europe.
Danielle Lee, VP, Commercial Marketing, Vevo
– Danielle is at the forefront of digital, running marketing for Vevo, one of the leading online video platforms in the world. Danielle also has a strong mobile background, previously spending 7 years at AT&T AdWorks and several years at Showtime Networks.
Jeff Curry, Senior Management Consultant, Undercurrent
– Few people understand the luxury marketing industry better than Jeff Curry. Jeff has served as the VP of Marketing for both Jaguar and Ferrari North America, and currently provides consulting work to clients like GE, American Express, and PepsiCo. He’s a highly sought-after consultant given his years of senior marketing and organizational leadership.
Kerry Nagle, COO, Straighterline
– Kerry is an operations expert, with more than 10 years directing operations for digital advertising companies like Advertising.com and Millennial Media in the US and across Asia. In her current role, Kerry fully owns the execution of Straighterline’s company strategy including sales, marketing and product.
Milton Elias, Head of Mobile, OMD UK
– Milton is one of the leading mobile strategists in the UK. He currently leads OMD’s mobile marketing efforts across the UK and works with clients like Live Nation, McDonalds and PepsiCo.
Naomi Hirabayashi, CMO, DoSomething.org
– Naomi is an industry leader in cause and millennial marketing, and oversees marketing, PR and talent relations for DoSomething.org, one of the largest organizations for social change in the US.
Each leader brings something different and incredibly valuable to the table, and I feel fortunate to have them as part of the SalientMG team.
View our Advisory Board Page here.
Categories:All, News, Public Relations